VIRGIN ISLANDS PORT AUTHORITY
ST. CROIX ▪ ST. THOMAS ▪ ST. JOHN UNITED STATES VIRGIN ISLANDS
GATEWAYS TO THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS’ ECONOMY
Contact: Monifa Marrero-Brathwaite | Public Information Officer
(340) 774-1629 ext. 6639 or 340-244-1065
email@example.com / www.viport.com
September 23, 2019
TROPICAL STORM KAREN ADVISORY #1
• The U.S. Coast Guard plans to close all seaports in the U.S. Virgin Islands at 2:00 p.m. today. Travelers and mariners are advised to prepare for seaport closures.
• The Grand Vic is the only barge operating between St. John and St. Thomas today. The last trip from St. Thomas to St. John is at 1:00 p.m.
• The Harmony of the Seas has cancelled its call to the Austin “Babe” Monsanto Marine Terminal on Wednesday, September 25, 2019.
• Airports are open today and VIPA has not received any notices of flight cancellations. Travelers are encouraged to contact their airlines directly BEFORE TRAVELING TO THE AIRPORT as flight information may change due to the possible inclement weather.
• The VIPA Board Meeting scheduled to be held on St. John tomorrow will be rescheduled in light of the impending weather.
• VIPA’s administrative staff will be dismissed at noon today, unless determined essential by their supervisor.
This information is subject to change. VIPA will continue to monitor the weather reports and inform the public of airport and seaport conditions via advisories, radio announcements (WSTA 1340 AM) and social media pages on Facebook and Twitter.
# # #