LET’S GIVE THANKS!
Special Promotion Rewarding Health Care Workers in the U.S. and the USVI
The U.S. Virgin Islands Department of Tourism recognizes that for many, 2020 has been one of the most challenging years in recent memory. The Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic has impacted our daily lives on nearly every level, with dedicated health care workers bearing a tremendous responsibility to care for not only their patients, but also themselves and their families.
We are deeply grateful to these courageous men and women who go above and beyond the call of their profession and demonstrate the true meaning of compassion and dedication.
The Department of Tourism invites you to join us in expressing gratitude to these frontline heroes by participating in our campaign to recognize these extraordinary persons in the fight against COVID-19.
Our “Let’s Give Thanks!” competition will reward six (6) health care workers with a three-night trip to the beautiful U.S. Virgin Islands where they can relax, refresh and recharge in one of the most desirable destinations in the world. Health care professionals based in the Territory who are selected as winners will receive a three-night “staycation” at a hotel or resort in the USVI. The local winners will also receive a complimentary excursion and dinner.
Here’s how it works:
- Upload a short video (up to 60 seconds) introducing yourself, describing your nominee, and explaining why he or she should be recognized and rewarded for exceptional service or care during the pandemic.
- A panel of USVI-based tourism and/or health care representatives will review the entries and select the winners.
- Each winner (and up to four members of their household) will receive a three-night stay at a hotel or resort in the U.S. Virgin Islands. An airline credit of $500 per traveler and ground transfers will also be included for winners who do not reside in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- One winner will be announced each month, starting in December, 2020.
So start filming, be creative.
Let’s give thanks to the health care workers who support and give us hope each day!
Contact form to upload video
Terms and Conditions
- The Sponsor is the U.S. Virgin Islands Department of Tourism.
- The competition is open to legal U.S. residents 18 years or over, except employees of the USVI Department of Tourism and their relatives.
- Competition is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase is necessary to enter this competition.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person and per email. Multiple entries from the same person will disqualify the entrant.
- No responsibility will be accepted for any entries not received by the deadline for any reason.
- Winners will be chosen by a panel of USVI health care and/or tourism professionals who will review all eligible entries.
- Six (6) winning entries will be selected.
- Each winner will receive a three-night stay at a hotel or resort in the U.S. Virgin Islands. An airline credit of $500 and airport transfers
in the U.S. Virgin Islands are included for winners not residing in the U.S. Virgin Islands. For winners residing in the Virgin Islands, a complimentary excursion and dinner will be included in the prize.
- Food, beverages, tips and gratuities are not included.
- Potential winners will be contacted for the purpose of confirming identity and eligibility prior to award of prizes.
- Winners will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, a release of liability, a publicity release and any other documents
that are required by the U.S. Virgin Islands Department of Tourism before prizes are awarded.
- Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by the winner(s).
- Prizes are considered gifts but winners should contact their own accounting and/or tax professionals.
- File formats allowed are MP4, MPEG, MOV, MOV and AVI. The video must not be larger than 25 MB and should not contain any third party logos and or copyrighted information.
- All entries/submissions/nominations become the property of the U.S. Virgin Islands and may be used for any purpose, including promotions and social media engagement. By submitting an entry, each entrant provides a complete release, including the use of the entrant’s voice, likeness and state of residence, to be used in its original or modified format, without further notice or compensation.
- Winners will be contacted via phone and/or email once a day for 10 days. If the winner does not respond within ten days, an alternative entrant will be selected.
- All entrants, nominees and winners, and anyone who travels to the U.S. Virgin Islands as a result of this promotion, release and hold harmless the U.S. Virgin Islands, its departments, agencies, and the like, from and against any and all manner of action, causes of action, suits, debts, covenants, contracts, claims and demands, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract, and liability for illness, physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants or his/her administrators, heirs, successors or assigns might have or could have, by reason of or arising out of the participation in the promotion and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant/winner of the prizes awarded.
- The U.S. Virgin Islands is in the Safer at Home phase in its response to the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) pandemic. All winners, and any individual who travels to the Territory based on this promotion, are required to comply with all COVID-19 Executive Orders, regulations, guidances and protocols. Visit www.usviupdate.com for the most current Travel Advisory, Information for Leisure Travelers and other guidelines about traveling to the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- By participating in the competition, and/or accepting a prize, each entrant, nominee and/or winner unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the U.S. Virgin Islands, which shall be final and binding in all respects, and cannot be appealed.